The Swedish Ostomy Association ILCO, was founded in 1965 and has approximately 5000 members.
We have 21 county associations.
The Swedish ILCO is a member of the Cancer Union of Sweden and also the Disable Persons Union, HSO.
- We started with children camps in 1980 and still we have camps every summer for children in age from 10 to 18 years.
- We have for many years had activities for families who have children with a stoma.
We have a camp for the hole family every spring.
- Support for parents is also one of our objectives
- We have also a project for young people with problems in the intestinal canal what we call the IBD-project, Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Swedish ILCO have started a twinning project with ILCO Zimbabwe.
They started an ostomy organisation in january 2010 and we give them our support.