Activities of the National Association of Ostomy Patients of Russia ASTOM during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic has brought many changes. It has forced us all to find new ways of working, interacting and living. But ASTOM has never stopped its activities within the whole period of lock-down as well as in the post-quarantine period.
Covid-19 has set us unprecedented challenges and disrupted a lot of plans. Thankfully none of the board members and activists have contracted this insidious virus.
Continue reading “ASTOM Russia in times of COVID-19”
Dragan Trivun is the founder and president of the association for people with a performed stoma. He also has an ileostomy for 26 years (he was operated in 1994). The ILCO-STOMA RS association is the only association in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The state of emergency due to covid-19 didn’t prevent him from visiting new members. For family members help was necessary because the visit was forbidden from hospital, and they didn’t receive the necessary instructions and recommendations.
Continue reading “Bosnia and Herzegovina in the time of Covid-19”
President of EOA invited us to tell him how we spent the last months. I personally underwent an eye surgery in March and thus have enough time to recover.
Since January 2020, the Czech ILCO has a new presidium – three new colleagues were incorporated, young ostomates who are very active and have a lot of bright ideas.
Continue reading “Czech ILCO – June 2020”
Finnilcos actions and work methods in the middle of corona – crisis:
Continue reading “Finilco – Means used for copying with the COVID-19 crisis”
- We closed down all face to face activities and meetings in local chapters and nationally (immidiately in March)
- The courses and training for stoma accomodation were cancelled and transformed to later (Some know this kind of activity as camps)
- The formal meetings (for house of delegates?) in Finnilco and local chapters were moved to autumn. (The government did some changes in laws to allow this in all associations)
- The visits of supportpersons in hospitals and elderly care were forbidden
At the age of 21, when I was a student at the Belgrade Faculty of Economics, I developed symptoms of ulcerative colitis, such as blood in the stool, disturbed bowel movements, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and a weak appetite. I lost weight, became weak, had a fever… No one in my family has ever had similar symptoms. When I asked the doctor what the cause of the disease was, I was told, “It is anxiety-based“ I lived a relaxed life, became a graduate student in economics, I was member of the folklore dance troupe, always always took care of my diet, I didnt smoke…
Continue reading “Interview with Snežana S. Milojevic – Ilco Serbia”
Here you can find usefull tips for eating when you have stoma — the article by Renata Batas, an Enterostomal Therapist at Community Health Centre Ljubljana in Slovenia: Healthy Eating with Stoma.
1. Visioconférence ‘Osons parler Stomie’ Elle aura lieu lundi 4 mai après midi via la plateforme ZOOM et sera animée par : Dr Laury Beaubrun-Diant, Docteur en Psychologie de la Santé, Chercheur Centre CERPPS Toulouse Martine Pagès infirmière stomathérapeute CHU Nîmes Chantal Vaurs, Patiente expert, Secrétaire de l’Union et Présidente de l’IAS Nord Dauphiné Myriam Teyssié, Patiente expert, Présidente de l’Union des Stomisés du Grand Sud (modératrice).
Continue reading “Actions dans le cadre de la Journée Nationale de la Stomie”